Wednesday, April 17, 2013

One down 49 to go...

I made it to the driveway before I broke down.  I didn't pull the car into the garage I just sat there and cried.  I thought about everything that was and going to be inside, waiting.
 
I cried when I walked in, I cried on the couch, and I cried again when I cleaned the house.  It seemed like that is all I did. Hours and days passed and there I still sat; crying.  If someone said something or I saw something I cried.
 
Four days went by and I finally stopped.  I pulled myself together and thought...would he want me to do this...NO! He would want me to go on as normal and do everything just without him around.
 
I started by hanging a flag in my window that the wives used in WWII.  It touched me to be able to be apart of something that was this. I started getting things for pacakges. I even started learning new things.
 
I miss him, but I am very proud.
 
 
 
She had been proud of his decision to serve his country, her heart bursting with love and admiration the first time she saw him outfitted in his dress blues.

No comments:

Post a Comment