Friday, February 1, 2013

Faith...


I have never been a real big "believer" in God or a higher power. I lost my faith a long time ago when I lost people that were very close to me. I have been tested, pushed, crushed, and brought down. My faith in a lot of things has been tried and torn away. It wasn't until this past year that I took that step back.

When my husband joined the Army I was crushed. I knew that he wanted to and was supportive of him. I could only think how I was going to do this not how we were going to do this. We took each other for granted and didn't realize that until he left. He was gone for months and in that time we couldn't really talk; we could only write. We learned how to communicate and how to lean on others around us during that time.

My faith in God has been slowing coming back. With some friends help and some pushing from Him I'm sure. I realize that it wasn't always just about me or us, but about others around us. Despite what is going on and in the next few months what will be happening I hope that my faith continues to grow.

James 1:3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment