Saturday, February 9, 2013

Trip

I love my weekends.  Weekends with my husband, family, and my friends.  This weekend I am spending it with all.  Not for a reason that is happy nor sad.  For a reason that most people wouldn't even think about.
 
This weekend is my husbands Yellow Ribbon Ceremony.  What this means is that it is a day where everyone in the Army or military unit get together and talk about information before a deployment. 
 
That is right I said the word....deployment.  Let me break it down like this.  It is something that families in the military hate to hear.  It is something that we don't look forward to.  It is time spent AWAY from loved ones.  Birthdays, holidays, graduations, weddings, births and many more things missed.
 
We can not join them.  We can only sit back and think about.  We don't let it run our lives and we take it with a gain of salt and keep moving.  Most of us think of it as a speed bump in the road and thats that.  Others let it run their lives and consume every moment of their lives.  We knew that it was possible that he would go in the eight years that he would be in.  We just didn't think it would be this soon. 
 
Let us think about what I said for just a moment.  That is right....this is just my point of view.  Not his or any other person in the military.  They all have different views.  Some are excited others not so much.  Some think of this as a great thing others don't want to.  I know they are all worried, scared, and nervous.  They, however, will not let this show.  The are strong and know that this is their job.  Just like everyone that works, some days are better than others. 
 
We all continue to go about our lives and forget about those that are over there right now.  Families that do this everyday.  They don't seek special treatment or want a thank you.  They just want the other half of thier heart back.  This is what I will want in the next few months.  Yes, it will be hard.  We have to look at the happy points that when they come back we will get the firsts all over again.  First kiss, first hug, and first everything agian. That is LOVE and it never fails. It just grows.

No comments:

Post a Comment