Sunday, January 12, 2014

New Year...New Me

Here is the first week updates on what is going on.
I have to start with saying this...MY HUSBAND COMES HOME NEXT MONTH!!!!
Next, I have started back with classes...crazy!
Working on getting in shape again.
I have started to take EPO again so we will see how this works out.  I have to take it twice a day with food.
I have also started taking my Prenatal vitamins to ensure that I am getting healthier and I am taking these with an extra Iron pill.  
On top of those three pill I take a tablespoon of guaifenesin and that is found in tussin cough syrup. (YUCK)
I have a friend coming up to visit this week.
Next week I have a meeting for what to expect for when my husband comes home.
I have lots of school work and regular grown-up job work.


Food!
I have to eat a little over 2050 calories a day to keep my weight where I need it to be to be healthy.
I eat almost all day if I can, sometimes it is harder than others.
A normal day will be breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, snack, dinner, snack.
I will eat healthy in the mornings since I cannot have milk or any type of dairy I will eat some type of fruit.
My snacks will be anything from nuts all the way to some type of oats, trail mix, and peanut butter.
This way it is healthy and will last more than just a couple of minutes.
As promised here is a recipe that I made this week:
Mississippi Roast
1 chuck roast (any size that you want)
1 packet of Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix
1 packet of McCormick Au Jus Gravy Mix
4 or 5 Pepperoncinis (hot/spicy, regular, any will do)
1 Stick of butter

What you are going to do is this:
Put your roast in a crock-pot.
  Pour the Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix over roast.
(I made sure that the dressing mix covered all sides of the roast)
You are going to do the same thing with the Au Jus Gravy packet just make sure you get all sides of the roast.
Now, you are going to put those peppers right on top of the roast.
Put the the stick of butter in the middle of the peppers.
Cover and put on low for 7-8 hours if you do not want to wait that long put it on high for 4-5 hours.


"God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is hopeless"
Chester Nimitz

Many times there are those that want to give up on HOPE, FAITH, and TRUST.  These are the times that we must hold onto those things.  I have felt that I have lost my HOPE in this struggle.  My FAITH has been tested.  Yet my TRUST in Him is still strong.  I am not saying that my trust has always been there, but I know that He knows that it has and that I have just lost my way.
God knows what I do not know.  There is a lesson to be learned, a path to be found, and struggles to be had before he gives us what we want.  God does not give us what we want, He gives us what we need to understand first.
I have found that He knew my husband was leaving and that I needed to learn patience first. He knew that I would have a hard time, but knew that I needed to find Him and my way.  I have FAITH that everything is going to work.  I have HOPE for the future that will come for my husband, myself, and our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment