Saturday, April 12, 2014

Slacker

Here I am once again being a slacker in my blog.  I am going to make this a quick update and a have a few small updates on what has been going on.  Oh...and maybe a quick recipe.
 
For the last two months nothing has really changed.  We have decided to let Him bless us when He is ready.  We are still having fun and not taking everything really serious.  One of my friends told me to just relax and to just not stress about it all.  In the last two years that is all I have done is stress about having kids.  Knowing you want something so bad and can't have it takes a toll.  So this plan is what we have come up with.
 
In the next six months we are not going to worry, stress, test, think, or obsess over it.  We are going to eat better, spend time together, and work toward a better us.  Going to church, work, fish, see family, and just be together is what we need right now.  Yes, this will be hard; but it is what we need right now.  We will try, but not be disappointed if it does not happen.  Something that I am happy to say that I am looking forward to.
 
On to other things.  I have finished school (YAYY!!)  I got all A's and this is a surprise to me, but on the other hand a very easy thing since that was all that I had done.  Now to find a job that is different than what I have with a little less stress.
 
When I was thinking the other night about food nothing was coming to mind, but then just when I needed it a friend sent me a link to some healthy foods.  I found that the foods that I like the most a simple and they are somewhat healthy if used the correct way.  On this site I found an easy yet very healthy recipe that I had everything that I needed...which well never happens!

Orange-Balsamic Glaze Chicken

 1 pack of chicken thighs
1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup of orange marmalade
1/2 cup of chicken stock
poultry seasoning
rosemary
green onions
pepper
olive oil

1.  Dry off the chicken thighs
2. Season with the poultry seasoning and pepper.
3. In a hot pan add the olive oil and the thighs season side down and brown (about 5 minutes)
4.  In a bowl add the orange marmalade, chicken stock, and balsamic vinegar.
5.  Once the chicken is brown on both sides and a pinch of rosemary and the liquid mixture.
6.  Let this simmer for almost 5 minutes until it makes a glaze.
7.  At the very end add the diced green onions.

This is easy and can be served with rice and some type of veggie!  My husband loves this meal and asks for it on a regular basis.

That is all that has been going on and if anyone is really reading this leave a comment on what you would like to know!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment